The Library Study Room
The DeWitt District Library (DDL) provides a Study Room to enable individuals or small groups to meet or have a quiet study space to work during regular library hours. The Library Study Room is not intended for business or commercial use.
ABOUT THE LIBRARY STUDY ROOM
- The Study Room is available at no cost.
- The Study Room may be used twice per week for up to 2 hours per day.
- The space has a table and chairs that seats 4 individuals however a few more people may comfortably occupy the room.
- Room usage is intended for library users aged 11 and older. Individuals younger than 11 must have an adult in the Study Room at all times during use.
- Library staff and library programs have first priority usage of the Study Room.
STUDY ROOM CHECK-IN & USE
- If not reserved, the Study Room is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Library user's must check-in at the Service Desk before occupying the room.
- The Study Room user must present an active DDL card that is in good standing (does not exceed $10 in fines) at the time of check-in.
- The Study Room door may not be blocked and the room windows may not be covered at any time.
- All individuals are required to vacate the room 15 minutes prior to library closing.
- To complete the check-out process, users must notify the desk when they have finished using the Study Room.
The Study Room cannot be used as a primary place of meeting or business (including private tutoring) in excess of the standard two hours per day.
Study Room users must agree to follow the library’s Patron Behavior Policy while using the space and will be held financially responsible for any damage to the room or its furnishings.
RESERVING THE ROOM
Reservations may be made up to one-week in advance by contacting the library, either in person or by phone:
- Reservations must be made by DDL cardholders only
- Reservations are limited to one, two hour session per day
- Reservations are limited to 2 per week
A reserved Study Room will be held for 15 minutes past the time reserved and then made available to the next applicant.
A reserved Study Room that is left unoccupied for longer than 15 minutes may be made available to others.
A reserved Study Room is not transferrable to other library users.
Make a reservation: 517-669-3156
Copyright 2014 DeWitt District Library 13101 Schavey Rd DeWitt, Michigan 48820 517-669-3156