Computers & Internet
The DeWitt District Library provides free public access to both computers and the internet.
The Library has established a Computer Use Policy to enable the widespread use of our public computers. We ask library patrons to comply with this policy so that all users may benefit from this technology service.
Computer use is on a first-come, first served basis. Our public computers maybe accessed for up to 2 hours per person, per day provided no other patron is waiting for access. Time extensions may also be given, this decision is left to the discretion of staff.
Users are required to enter their DDL library card number to sign on to a public computer. Visitors should see library staff for a temporary access number.
All computers are shut down 15 minutes prior to closing.
Computer Use Policy
- The copying of copyright protected material is prohibited
- Patrons may only use library owned software
- The Library Director may at his/her discretion place reasonable limits on computer usage. All Internet users must have a current DeWitt District Library card. Internet users must register for a workstation timeslot, at which time, appropriate ID may be requested. Workstation access is on a first-come, first-served basis; the usual limit will be 60 minutes when others are waiting.
- There is a $0.15 per page fee for black & white printing and a $0.75 per page fee for color printing. Patrons are responsible for ALL pages printed. Staff may waive the fee for partial pages.
- Patrons may use their own disks to download data. Storing data on the library computer is not allowed. The library also has flash drives available for purchase at the circulation desk.
- Patrons may not use the library computer for illegal, obscene, or commercial purposes.
- Patrons may not engage in inappropriate use of the library computer system. Inappropriate use is defined as "any violation of the intended use of the computer system". This would include: disruption of information traffic, degrading or disrupting equipment or system performance, gaining or attempting to gain unauthorized access to system files, making unauthorized changes to the computer system, and vandalism. Patrons will be responsible for any costs that result from inappropriate use. Costs will include actual repair or equipment replacement, billings, and any other expense incurred by the library.
- Violation of the computer use policy will result in the patron losing her/her computer privileges. Serious violations may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.
Failure to follow our Computer Use Policy may result in the loss of computer privileges.
Copyright 2014 DeWitt District Library 13101 Schavey Rd DeWitt, Michigan 48820 517-669-3156